We have been working hard over the last couple of months to adapt our operating procedures and ensure that when you do return you’ll be able to enjoy our usual level of service in a clean, safe and legal environment.
We are currently operating under lockdown legislation which means that our hotels remain open for those that need overnight accommodation.
Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom – OPEN
The Oaks Hotel, Burnley – CLOSED. Due to reopen 17th May 2021
Higher Trapp House, Nr Burnley – OPEN
Everglades Park Hotel, Widnes – OPEN
Lavender Hotels have provided a safe and caring environment for all of our customers for over 3 generations. We wish to continue to deliver enjoyment and safety in all of our hotels and leisure clubs.
We have considered that the latest guidance in which to show our commitment to you ensuring that our properties are ready for your custom so that once more we can enjoy each other’s company.
We have broken this down into the following key areas:
1 Taking care of our guests
2 Enhancing cleaning and sanitisation
3 Guest bedroom and bathroom facilities
4 Social distancing
5 Bars and Restaurant
6 Taking care of our members in our health clubs
7 Let’s talk, how we will communicate to you
8 The team-how we’ll look after our colleagues to look after you
1. Taking Care of our guests
We want to assure you that when you visit our hotels you will be satisfied by the measures we have taken to ensure that you have a comfy and enjoyable stay. However there will be a few changes that we will have to make to your stay with us. We envisage that these changes will alter over our future but be assured that we will be altering accordingly.
In short a number of these measures are:
• We have adopted the “Safe, clean and legal” kitemark through our franchise partner Best Western. This is inspected by the local Environmental Health Officer and also audited by the independent organisation Quality in Tourism. We are proud to say that we have been awarded a kitemark that demonstrates our commitment to the importance of these measures. This will ensure your hotel, bedroom, bathroom are all sanitised and ready for your use.
• Sanitisation stations are located at the hotel entrances and as you enter specific areas of the hotel.
• Social distancing floor mats and signs are in operation
• We have adapted our restaurants so when Boris allows us to open them we can do safely.
• We have an App. Yes you’ll be able to download on app from the usual stores free of charge in order to get all the information you could possibly need about the hotel. Furthermore on this app we have great features like a live text service, you can even check in through the app and view our menus. Of course if you want to you can still just talk to us like you always have done.
2. Enhancing Cleaning and Sanitisation
We have already mentioned our kitemark and independently audited cleaning regimes within the hotel. Added to that we will also be adopting the following measures:
• PPE will be provided to our colleagues for them to wear whilst at work
• Sanitisations units will be provided throughout the hotel
• Guests will be issued small sanitisation packs for them to use during their stay
• New chemicals will be used in various areas that are virucidal (kills virus) as well as disinfecting and sanitising.
3. Guest bedroom and bathroom facilities
As much as possible we hope to eradicate any chance of COVID-19 entering the hotel therefore the bedroom and bathroom where people spend the most amount of time (its not the bar contrary to some opinion) are key areas for us to concentrate on. The areas we have concentrated on are:
• Rooms will be left 24 hours between stays.
• All our rooms are self-ventilated meaning during this time we will have fresh air circulating throughout the room
• We operate our own laundry therefore quality control on washing and ironing have been easy to implement.
• PPE will be worn whilst the rooms are cleaned.
• Filters in vacuum cleaners will be changed
• Bedrooms will only be entered at your request by our housekeeping colleagues
• Room service will be free of charge and social distance will be taken into account.
• We will provide packets of tissues rather than the traditional communal box to cut down cross contamination
• Do not disturb will now be done through the app instead of battling with those hanger things on your door, probably a better solution for all.
• There may be a few less items to read however all the information will be on the app and whatever you want we can generally provide you, just ask over the phone, in the app or in person.
4. Social Distancing
We like to be close to you however current rules dictate that we maintain 2 metres distance wherever possible. We know that this can be frustrating sometimes but we are streamlining certain procedures to ensure that your stay will continue to flow and that you won’t be queuing all the time. You will see in a number of areas of the hotel the following changes:
• Floor markers asking you to keep 2 metres apart
• Signage throughout the hotel reminding you of this responsibility
• Within the bars and restaurants the tables will be further apart however we have plenty of rooms giving us additional space to look after you.
• We will offer you an express checkout so that you don’t have to come to our desk when leaving the hotel.
• Guest toilets might be a challenge, however between us all being sensible and alert we will be able to manage the demand and supply of these facilities.
5. Bars and Restaurants
As mentioned already we are waiting for Boris to give us the green light on opening these fully, however we are planning ahead so you will see a number of small adaptations but remember room service will free of charge for the foreseeable future.
• We will have specific times that the bookings for the restaurants will be taken, this will give us a little less flexibility but still the same great service.
• Our colleagues whether delivering to your table or room will be wearing PPE.
• Additional cleaning measures have been put in place behind the scenes to ensure maximum sanitisation of the kitchens and bars.
• We won’t be allowing more than 6 guests per table (currently)
• Breakfast will be a little different, gone are the buffet tables but if it’s a full English breakfast you want then we will serve it you along with various other treats. This may be served in the restaurant, to your room or there will be some takeaway options such as build a breakfast butty that can be pre ordered.
6 Health Club
As you know you get free use of the health clubs at the hotels with gyms and pools. We expect that we will be restricted to the number of members and hotel guests that will be able to use the facility. Therefore:
• We will operate a booking system to allow members and guests to be allocated a time in which to work out, swim or just relax.
• Significantly more sanitisation will occur within the gyms from our colleagues. We will also request that users sanitise before and after they use the equipment.
• Class timetables will be altered slightly by using different rooms and wherever possible doing them “al fresco”
• We are awaiting rules on the use of the sauna, steam room and spa/jacuzzi but wherever possible we will have these open for your use.
7. Lets Talk, how we communicate with you
Its good to talk and the very last thing we want to do is create a hotel where you just check in and that’s the last interaction you have with us. We are proud of our colleagues and they have chosen an industry in which to serve, deliver and interact with customers. So you’ll see a few additions:
• Face masks, yes you’ll see a lot of these on us initially, however we won’t make this a barrier to talk to you and we don’t want any barriers for you to talk to us.
• So you can still talk and interact with us like you normally did as long as we socially distance.
• You can also ring us from your room like you have in the past.
• APParently we have developed an app too (have we mentioned it) in which you can message us directly too.
• Pre stay we will communicate to you more in which to pre check in and down load the app.
You get the gist though, we want you to have a great stay with us.
8. Team Safety
We cannot “commit to COVID 19” without our fantastic staff also ensuring they take every measure possible to protect you, themselves and their families.
• Our colleagues have been given thorough training in which to ensure they know our new procedures and protocols.
• They have also been given clear direction on what to do should they or their family members have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19.
• PPE is issued to the staff to be used in their specific departments
• Staff will ensure 20 second hand washing upon entering work
• Shared equipment will be sanitised between uses
• Plexiglass screens will be installed in certain areas
We hope this helps you to understand we are committed to everyone’s safety and enjoyment, we really look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels very soon.